Georgia Walks Summit Update: We are going VIRTUAL- OCTOBER 22-23, 2020
The 2020 Georgia Walks Summit Program is packed with sessions on walk-friendly safety solutions, street designs, and community programs. There is something for everyone…take a look!
- Charles Brown, renowned urban planner, transportation expert, and healthy, equitable communities advocate.
- Peter Norton is a professor of history in the Department of Engineering and Society at UVA and the author of Fighting Traffic.
- Becca Zajac, Executive Director, Columbus Dragonfly Trail System
Breakout/Mobile/Workshop Sessions Preview*:
- Tactical and Practical: Implementing Quick-Response Walking Improvements in Your Community
- Engineering and Roadway Design Principles 101
- Assessing Hidden Sidewalk Hazards and Obstacles for People with Mobility Challenges
- Engaging Small Rural Communities in Multi-modal Planning
- Pedestrian Exposure & Compliance: Forecasting & Enhancing Safety
- Get Your Neighborhood Active with Walk Audits
- Challenges and Opportunities for Traffic Calming Efforts in Historic Savannah
- Redeveloping Walkable City Centers and Creating Multi-Use Paths Systems in Suburban Cities
- Less is more: Retrofitting Infrastructure for Walking and Biking
- Connecting Military Families with Local Communities through Fort Benning’s Trail System
- Planning for Safer Pedestrian and Bicycle Infrastructure on State Routes
- School Road Safety Audits in Action
- Sharing the Path: Green Infrastructure and Pedestrian Design
- Accessibility & Placemaking in Complex Urban Environments
- Talk the Talk About the Walk
- Creating an Award Winning African American Heritage Trail
- Developing Policy and Understanding Injury Data for Shared Dockless Mobility Devices
- Strategies for Successful Trail Planning
- Public Health Success Stories
- The Real and Perceived Relationship Between Social Identities and Mobility
*Sessions are subject to change
Earn your continuing education credits at the Georgia Walks Summit!
Planners & engineers who attend can receive AICP/PDH credits. Education opportunities for PLAs will also be available at the summit.