Inspire your community to
walk more and walk together.
- Love of walking!
- Desire to help grow the 50+ Walks program and share its mission.
- Good communication skills.
- Sensitive, non-judgmental, and understanding of different peoples’ abilities, cultures, paces, and perspectives.
- Open to advocating and educating about creating walkable communities.
Your goals as a 50+ Walking Ambassador:
- Increase the amount of walking in your community
- Engage with neighborhood residents about the importance of walkable communities
- Build local support for pedestrian advocacy
Volunteer Spotlight: Liz Bibby“I believe passionately that walking regularly keeps people healthy. I’ve learned about some new communities that I might never have encountered otherwise and also met many new people.”
Your Duties as a 50+ Walking Ambassador:
- Commit to a regular walk schedule (Once a week preferred, not less than once a month)
- Make the safety of your walkers a priority.
- Create and promote your walk. We can assist you with this.
- Photograph the walk or have a volunteer take photos for you.
- Provide, by email, the sign in sheets and photos to the PEDS Volunteer Coordinator after your walk.
- Be a source of information on the benefits of walking.
What support can an Ambassador expect from PEDS?
- We will help you create and map safe and engaging walks in your community.
- We will provide help to promote your walks. We can help you set up a social media or other media outlet of your choice. We will also support your walks through our website, newsletter, and calendar.
Our current needs and wants!
- People wanting to lead walks in the South, Southwest, and West neighborhoods of the Atlanta Metro
- People willing to lead evening and weekend walks
- Bi-lingual walk ambassadors