Georgia Walks Summit: an opportunity you won’t want to miss
The 2018 Georgia Walks Summit is the third annual statewide gathering of transportation and public health professionals, elected officials and community advocates committed to making our streets and communities great places to walk.
Participants will share unique ideas and projects to help make pedestrian safety a top priority and build momentum for walkable communities. With a variety of session types and topics, the Georgia Walks Summit is relevant to diverse audiences and to communities of all sizes. The Summit will be in Rome, GA on Thursday March 15th & Friday March 16th.
Announcing Anthony Garcia, who is known for co-authoring Tactical Urbanism,as the keynote speaker for the 2018 summit!
Your registration gives you exclusive access to a packed program, including:
- Plenary and breakout sessions, about walk-friendly street design and operations, increasing physical activity, transportation funding, the economic impact of walkable downtowns and other important issues
- Walking tours of downtown Rome
- Meals, including breakfast and lunch on Friday
- Transportation engineers will be eligible for PDH credits
- Georgia Planning Association AICP members will be eligible for CM credits (pending approval)
We offer team discounts. Join with elected officials, colleagues, advocates or people who work in other departments in your community to build a strong coalition of local support when you return home! Four for the price of three!
320 West 3rd Street. Rome, GA 30165
100-110 West 2nd Avenue, Rome, GA, 30161
A limited number of rooms are available at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rome. Please call to reserve your room - (706) 378-4837
Interested in supporting good walkability across Georgia? Check out the Sponsorship Opportunities page for information on how to get involved with the Summit!
An initiative of