We’ve known for years that Atlanta’s sidewalk program is ineffective and underfunded. We’re hard at work analyzing documents Public Works provided last month. The map we created confirms that few sidewalks have been repaired or replaced during the past four years. It also shows that projects are concentrated in just a handful of zip codes. This is just the tip of the iceberg, and we have far more to learn and expose.
Help maintain the momentum by contributing to the Matching Gift Challenge. A generous donor pledged to match all contributions – dollar for dollar – up to $2,500, but only until October 31.
Every gift matters, and we’ll put it to use in ways that matter, including:
- Reviewing correspondence between Public Works and property owners
- Analyzing before and after conditions
- Preparing and presenting reports to elected officials
- Generating high-visibility media attention
- Working with city officials to bring policy and funding changes
The clock is ticking. Please take advantage of the Matching Gift Challenge and double your impact. Please ask your friends to do so as well. We can’t do this without you.
Thank you for your help pulling sidewalk spending out of the shadows. Doing so is critical to bringing the policy and funding changes needed to fix Atlanta’s sidewalks.