You’re making a difference!
When PEDS was founded in 1996, pedestrians were not on Atlanta’s radar screen. Thanks to your support, we’ve become a strong voice for walkers throughout the region and state.
We’ve also provided the expertise and encouragement needed to implement pedestrian-friendly policies.
Changes you’ve enabled us to bring to the Atlanta region include:
- Increased funding for sidewalks and safe crossings
- Workshops and toolkits that help transportation professionals choose safe and cost-effective crossing treatments
- Innovative and effective safety treatments, including high-visibility crosswalks,
in-street crosswalk signs, hybrid pedestrian beacons, red light cameras,
median refuge islands and midblock crossings.
- Online tools that make it easy for people to report pedestrian hazards
- More drivers stopping for pedestrians at crosswalks
By partnering with neighborhood associations and others, we’ve also engaged over 6,000 households in SLOW DOWN yard sign campaigns. And perhaps most important, we provide a voice to people who rarely participate in transportation planning meetings.
Change is incremental, and we can’t thank you enough for the impact we’ve had transforming metro Atlanta into a region that values walking.